SUPERIOR NUTRITION FOR PETS
Meals for Mutts proudly brings you the very best premium, Australian made puppy, dog and cat food on the market.
Our passion and commitment to develop and produce nutrient dense and balanced pet food stems from our belief that nutrition is not only a vital part of your pet’s physical health but also plays a huge part in their overall wellbeing and enjoyment of life.
This wonderfully balanced holistic food is manufactured to exacting ethical standards of quality, performance, economy and safety using only the finest natural ingredients.
+ Read More
Premium Kitten & Cat Food Australia
One of the most important responsibilities of being a cat owner is buying the right kind of food for your cat. Your cat is an important part of your family and, like any parents, getting the right food is the best foundation for your pet’s health.
The Best Premium Cat Food Available in Australia
Healthy, high-quality food has many benefits for humans, and the same goes for cats. However, not all premium cat food is as good as it claims and it’s imperative to understand what you are looking for in order to buy the right food for your cat.
Before making a decision on which premium cat food to give your furry friend, it’s important to know what kinds of nutrients are important.
What Does Your Cat Need From a Premium Cat Food?
Cats, like people, have specific dietary requirements that will help them to live their healthiest and happiest lives. A lack or deficiency of something could cause hair loss, skin problems and a whole host of immunity issues.
These are just some of the most important ingredients that your cat needs from their premium cat and kitten food:
- Amino acids: There are a number of essential amino acids that your cat needs to be as healthy as possible. Amino acids such as taurine is found in large amounts in oily fish, and most birds and is the reason why cats aren’t suited to a vegetarian diet.
- Fats and fatty acids: Omega 3 fats are as important in your cat’s diet as they are in yours and you need to make sure that the food you buy has a fat content of at least 10% and they it includes omega 3,6 & 9.
- Vitamins and minerals: There is a certain amount of vitamins and minerals that your cat needs for great overall health. Ensure that the food you choose has healthy amounts of things such as zinc, iron, copper and more.
- Grain-free: Most cats struggle to adequately digest grains, as they were designed to be carnivores. Premium pet food shouldn’t include grains such as wheat or corn that will compromise your cat’s digestion and perhaps elicit an allergic reaction.
What To Look For in Premium Kitten Food
Start your cat off on a healthy premium cat or kitten food from as young as possible to build up their immune system and overall health. It can be hard to identify premium products though when everything is packaged so beautifully.
Here’s what you should look out for that indicates cheap, low-quality foods:
- Less than 30% of protein such as turkey, fish, chicken (it should be listed first)
- The words “by-product”, “bone meal” or “animal digest”
- Preservatives such as BHT, BHA or propyl gallate
- Grains such as wheat or corn
None of our products contain any of the above as we manufacture the most premium kitten and cat food Australia has to offer. At MfM, food scientists and nutritional experts created all our products and your pet’s wellbeing will always be a company’s priority.
Contact the Leaders in Australian Made Pet Food
Meals For Mutts is the leading provider of Australian made pet food. We specilaise in grain free cat food, grain free dog food, grain free pet food, holistic cat food, holistic dog food, holistic pet food, natural organic cat food, natural organic dog food, natural organic pet food, premium dog food and premium cat food.
“My gorgeous corgi is on th the Turkey & Lamb Lite because we need to be careful about her weight. She loves your food and has never been happier!”
“Our girls love their bowl of kibble every morning and they are healthier than ever, also Bella has no more gas and her dry stomach has cleared up, being whippets they have a fine coat but it is shiny and healthy.”
“My Siberian husky has many food allergies and I am delighted to report that he is not doing “well” but instead he is absolutely FLOURISHING. We compete in sled dog races around Victoria, so we need them to be as healthy as possible. Now all of them are eating it and all are happy and healthy on it.”
“We run a German Shepherd rescue group and whenever a new dog comes in we get them straight onto the MfM product we feel will suit them best. Whether it is a skin condition or general behavioral problems, we soon see an improvemnt”